Get Paid To Do Free Offers!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Music Maestro

One of the features on my phone I use regularly is the music player. The N82 is a more than capable in this regard. Normally I listen to the music via my car stereo, linking the N82 to the stereo with a simple 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead. Recently I changed jobs and sold my car, I no longer need a vehicle and I've made the lifestyle choice to use public transport more. Traveling to work on the train, I find I now use headphones to listen to the music. (I wish more people would, I don't need to hear the latest noise that the youngsters are listening to, being distorted at full volume from the tiny speakers on the latest mid-range prepay phone!)

I am not an audiophile, so I am usually satisfied with the supplied headphones that come with the phone, and that is the case with the N82. I like the convenience they offer, what with the built in controls and microphone, makes taking calls so much easier. I also take advantage of the multiple formats the N82 supports. By compressing the music files, I have much more space to store more songs. I have an 8GB card in my phone, I have more than 300 songs stored and the space used is still less than 800MB. As I said, I am not an audiophile, and the converted tracks sound fine to me. Conversion is easily done using the Nokia Music uploader found in the PC suite. It's worth keeping in mind that it can take a while to convert and transfer songs when they are done in large number.

Another music feature I've started to use more often these days is the radio. I like to listen to the radio on the way to work, to keep up to date with the latest news. The radio feature works well, and it is easy to cycle through the selected radio stations using the remote commands on the Nokia headset. Reception is usually very good with just occasional signal loss.

The N82 performs very well as a music player, and I certainly don't miss an iPod. The memory capacity is used to maximum effect when the songs have been converted and the battery life easily lasts a day on heavy usage (calls, text, web, GPS and music) and two on lighter usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment